Maranatha Baptist University is looking forward to the 2016 Bible Faculty Summit on Maranatha’s campus. The Summit will begin Tuesday, July 26, at 5:00 pm with dinner in the Dining Commons, followed by our opening sessions. The Summit will conclude on Thursday after lunch.
Presentations are as follows:
- Troy Manning – Bibles International Translation Philosophy
- Jon Cheek (PhD student at BJU) – Jesus’ Interaction with the World
- Mark Ward – The Story of Ἀρσενοκοίτης According to BDAG
- Bruce Compton – The Design and Extent of Christ’s Atonement
- John Wivell – The Status of Marriage in the Resurrection
- Paul Himes – Words, Concepts, and Semantic Range: Rethinking “Foreknowledge” in the New Testament.
- Ryan Martin – A discussion of how Christians before the modern era thought of human states that are typically classified as “emotions” today
- Brian Collins – Review and response to the view of “land” and land promises proposed by Progressive Covenantalists such as Stephen Wellum and Oren Martin
- Greg Stiekes – Natural Theology and Truth
- Brian Hand – The Prayer of Faith
- Alan Patterson – A Theology of Persecution
- Randy Leedy – Remarriage
Maranatha is a little over an hour from the Milwaukee airport and about one hour from the Madison airport. We are about 2½ hours from the Chicago airport. We will provide pickup and drop-off service for Milwaukee or Madison. Directions can be found here.
Meals will be provided in the Maranatha dining commons. Housing will be provided in an UN-airconditioned dorm (sorry ☹—we’re in the north and don’t need AC during the school year, so pray for a cool week). If you are driving, it would help MBU if you brought your own sheets, blankets, towels, pillow, etc. If you are flying, we will provide these items for you, unless you want to bring your own. Beds are typical dorm bunk beds, but we won’t make anyone sleep in the upper bunk! If you want more luxurious housing, feel free to make reservations at our local Holiday Inn or Super8. Those are the only two recommended motels in Watertown (for more information on local accommodations click here).
Note: due to a mix-up, we’re asking all participants to re-register for the Summit. Please click here to register, even if you have already done so. Early registration will help us with preparations on our end. If you have any questions, please email me, use the website’s contact form, or call me through the Maranatha switchboard at 920.261.9300.
Maranatha Baptist Seminary